[av_heading heading=’6 Reasons We Focus On Video For Learning’ tag=’h2′ style=” subheading_active=” size=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” subheading_size=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” color=” custom_font=” margin=” margin_sync=’true’ padding=’10’ link=” link_target=” id=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-kb8khqgb’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_heading]
[av_image src=’https://vidversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/6-reasons-we-focus-on-video-learning-blog-scaled-1-1500×630.jpg’ attachment=’8721′ attachment_size=’featured_large’ copyright=” caption=” styling=” align=’center’ font_size=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ hover=” appearance=” link=” target=” id=” custom_class=” av_element_hidden_in_editor=’0′ av_uid=’av-m2kuy’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=” av_uid=’av-e308i’]
It’s no secret that we are entering the video age for learning.
That’s especially true for millennial learners. They expect to find almost all the answers that they need from video.
Some of the other reasons why video is be the learning medium of the future and why all educators must embrace it are:
- Video boosts the effectiveness of training. While traditional training tools such as lectures, documents, and slide presentations may appear to be effective at getting information across, comprehension tests show that much of the information conveyed in this was is quickly forgotten. In contrast, video is a visually stimulating medium that boosts training content by enhancing viewer engagement and improving the learner’s ability to comprehend concepts and details and enabling better retention. Numerous studies confirm that audiences retain information at much higher rates with video. A recent Forrester report on training retention revealed where one minute of video content was found to be equal to about 1.8 million written words.
- Video provides more consistent training. A major challenge for educators and trainers lies in making sure that training delivers a consistent learning experience. Video allows educators to deliver that consistency, regardless of when or where the learning takes place.
- Video facilitates on-demand training. Attending specific locations at specific times for learning is becoming harder and less attractive for learners. By recording training sessions on video, educators enable their learners to access the training and watch it on demand, at a time that suits them.
- Video enables micro learning. In an age of constant distraction, attention spans are shrinking. Millennials, who will make up 75 percent of the workforce by 2025, have an average attention span of only 90 seconds. Instead of using lengthy videos, VidVersity enables content to be delivered in small and very specific video “bursts” to cater to the modern learner and also allow educators to better target specific and measurable learning objectives.
- Video is easier to produce than ever before. Videos are easier to produce than ever. We have a range of resources to show you how to create great learning videos and our world leading video capture mobile apps finally make capturing and uploading larger videos a reality on mobile devices.
- Video leverages what educators have always done. Perhaps above all, video captures what educators have always done and what they do best: using their voices, their body language, demonstrations and their conveying emotions. Traditional eLearning, with text and possibly animations, can’t even come close.
Video is critical to putting educators back in control of online learning.
That’s why everything that we do at VidVersity is completely focused on making it as simple as possible to capture video and to create and deliver interactive video courses and on streamlining student assessment using video.