[av_heading heading=’How Prepared is your Organisation’ tag=’h2′ link=” link_target=” style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=” subheading_active=” subheading_size=” margin=” padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=” custom_class=” id=” admin_preview_bg=” av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=”][/av_heading]
[av_textblock size=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” font_color=” color=” id=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-k89tzpv6′ admin_preview_bg=”]
How to deliver training and professional development to a disrupted workplace.
[av_hr class=’default’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue808′ position=’center’ shadow=’no-shadow’ height=’50’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ custom_border_color=” custom_icon_color=” av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” id=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-21w3ap’]
[av_image src=’https://vidversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/how-prepared-is-your-organisation-1500×630.jpg’ attachment=’9491′ attachment_size=’featured_large’ copyright=” caption=” styling=” align=’center’ font_size=” overlay_opacity=’0.4′ overlay_color=’#000000′ overlay_text_color=’#ffffff’ animation=’no-animation’ hover=” appearance=” link=” target=” id=” custom_class=” av_element_hidden_in_editor=’0′ av_uid=’av-k89ubvpy’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_image]
[av_textblock size=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” font_color=” color=” id=” custom_class=” av_uid=’av-k89uofmd’ admin_preview_bg=”]
The COVID-19 crisis has revealed a few uncomfortable truths. As a society, we are poorly prepared for the events, whilst statistically unlikely, do occur and are an anticipated risk.
Nassim Talib, a mathematician, writer and philosopher says, “It’s easiest to do the most, when you have nothing to do”. We may have missed the chance for comprehensive solutions however there is still time to put contingency plans in place. Without doubt, technology and digital solutions are now our best friends.
At VidVersity, our focus in on video based content. That content can be used for any type of teaching and learning and in the light of the COVID-19 impact includes:-
- Delivering trackable video based training quickly to staff working from home. Employers have an obligation to provide safe workplaces even when that workplace is an employee’s home. Compliance and safety training needs to be delivered quickly to meet these new obligations.
- Delivering health and safety to those in the healthcare sector who may be working shifts and not all present for live training. Video your expert demonstrating safe hand washing and food handling procedures and clear guidance on how to self isolate and reduce the chance of further infection.
- Provide teachers with a contingency teaching tool. In the event that schools are closed, teachers can continue to deliver lessons by videoing the usual classroom presentation and adding links to worksheets, websites and downloadable notes. It is as simple as providing staff with a tripod to house a smartphone and class teaching can be videoed and then delivered to students with resources, questions and worksheets. All progress by the student can be tracked to ensure all the students are continuing with their homework!
- There is no need to suspend the usual training and professional development that is part of the usual workplace culture. Instead of live sessions, have your presenter video the material and then add powerpoint slides, questions that would normally be asked during sessions, copies of notes and links to further reading. This can be delivered in a short time frame.
The process is simple:-
- Capture – capture your content with iPhone, iPad, record your screen or record your Zoom or Google Hangouts meetings. Interview your subject matter expert or simply have them record their normal teaching direct to camera. This becomes your learning resource.
- Create – add your resources, edit your video and create your course.
- Deliver – deliver to your staff via your Learning Management System or use tools provided by the VidVersity platform; a shareable link or the secure VidVersity LMS.
Technology gives us the ability to put solutions in place fast.
VidVersity is a highly secure, cloud based platform. Video is uploaded for editing and can be cut into shorter chapters. Resources can be added for an interactive learning experience and include:-
- Powerpoint slides
- Summary notes
- Slides and explanatory pop up notes.
All VidVersity courses can be delivered securely via the VidVersity LMS, by shareable link and are compatible with Learning Management Systems.
Hosting with Amazon Web Services is included.
For further information contact Liz Kollias on 0414 546 383 or email@example.com